Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Intro (Catie)


The first post on a new blog is always the most daunting. You want it to stand out, catch your readers, pop. But the reality is that most of the time the first post is not all that outstanding...often causing a blog to never take off (or never even get written), so here is my disclaimer:

This will not be the most astounding post you will find on this blog.

Maybe it will be the third or fourth or forty fourth post, but I'm asking that you bare with us and keep reading! I promise you will find something you really like if you hang in there.


Now that that's taken care of on to the fun part:  What is the point of this blog? Well, dear reader, this blog is mostly a cooking blog but it is also about family. My dad, John, had the idea that he and I should start a cookbook and fill it with our takes on the same recipe because while we both like a lot of the same food we both can't help tweak recipes to suit our personal likening and thus usually end up with very different versions of the same thing.

I loved the idea but a cook book is limited... you set a time frame and try and cram in as much as you can before the set deadline. It can end up being really stressful (I've written a few cookbooks for Christmas and its always stressful!) and instead of feeling creative and able to explore you feel pressured. SO I thought maybe a blog would be a better option. This allows us to post at leisure and also allows a much larger range of our family and friends who want to read it the ability to do that right at their desktop (or iPad or whatever).

I should mention that while this is a cooking blog we Capp's have a tendency to get sidetracked to really enjoy sharing. So don't be surprised if there is occasionally a post about a resent fishing trip or other adventure.

And thus we have "The Family Gumbo Pot"... because you use a little of this and a little of that and whatever you have on hand to make gumbo and everybody's is a little bit different, but part of what make it good is the love you put into it and there is no one better to share it with than your friends and family.
Hope you all enjoy!      
-Catie

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea, Catie! Thank you for inviting me and sharing with me! (: I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete